Pro Trader Today Archives

Filters

Recent Articles

The Legal Way to Avoid Taxes This Holiday

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted December 24, 2015

In the midst of holiday cheer, delicious meals, and gift-giving, investors should also be thinking about minimizing their tax toll. What used to involve miles of red tape and IRS lingo just became a whole lot easier.

Is it Time to be Greedy or Fearful?

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted December 22, 2015

Why I'm Ditching My Wireless Carrier

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted December 15, 2015

Companies don't need to reinvent the wheel to cause a market disruption. Sometimes it's just about providing good service at a reasonable price. Unfortunately, that's a rarity these days.

The Greatest Technological & Computing Mind of Our Lifetimes

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted December 10, 2015

The reclusive creator of Bitcoin has been identified, and it's not who you'd expect. Is this real or just another hoax?

Autonomous Cars Will Be Programmed to Kill

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted December 8, 2015

Autonomous cars are already on public roads. In a few years, they'll be everywhere. Unfortunately, there are still some big questions that need answering, and your life could depend on it.

Is Greed Really Good? Silicon Valley Begs to Differ

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted December 3, 2015

As the Zuckerbergs pledge to use their $45 billion for good, we are reminded that wealth comes with great responsibility.

The Death of Innovation

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted December 1, 2015

Current FDA regulation has the potential to shut down thousands of small businesses. An entire industry depends on one piece of legislation: HR 2058.

The "Hottest" Holiday Gadget of 2015

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted November 24, 2015

Hoverboards literally 'explode' onto the 2015 gadget scene, as retailers and consumers weigh the legal and physical risks of the newest tech toy.

The Harm in the Hype

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted November 20, 2015

IPO hype is a man-made creation, and companies fuel that excitement for a reason. Sometimes, the hype is genuine. Other times, it borders on deliberate deception.

Biometrics: The Next Security Standard

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted November 18, 2015

In the aftermath of increasing terrorist threats, America must find a way to achieve security without ignoring the principles of democracy. Biometric technology provides the necessary compromise.

Hedge Funds Steal Profits

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted November 12, 2015

Hedge funds exist to make money for themselves and their clients... but mostly themselves. The fee structure ensures that hedge funds make money even when you don't, and they want to keep it that way.

Technology Continues to Defy All Expectations

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted November 9, 2015

No matter how many times we try to predict the future of technology, it keeps defying all expectations. Not even the "experts" can get it right.

More Than Model Airplanes

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted November 5, 2015

As unmanned aircraft extend into commercial and recreational sectors, issues of economy, security, and privacy must be addressed.

A New Case of This Disease Occurs Every 71 Seconds

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted November 2, 2015

The failure rate of Alzheimer's drugs in the clinical phase is 99%. We just found the other 1%.

How Consumer Spending Will Revive the Market

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted October 29, 2015

Despite the fact that all economic signs point downward, the American consumer will still be the source of market recovery.