Pro Trader Today Archives

Filters

Recent Articles

Technology Continues to Defy All Expectations

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted November 9, 2015

No matter how many times we try to predict the future of technology, it keeps defying all expectations. Not even the "experts" can get it right.

More Than Model Airplanes

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted November 5, 2015

As unmanned aircraft extend into commercial and recreational sectors, issues of economy, security, and privacy must be addressed.

A New Case of This Disease Occurs Every 71 Seconds

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted November 2, 2015

The failure rate of Alzheimer's drugs in the clinical phase is 99%. We just found the other 1%.

How Consumer Spending Will Revive the Market

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted October 29, 2015

Despite the fact that all economic signs point downward, the American consumer will still be the source of market recovery.

Conquering the "Great Wall" of Computing Power

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted October 27, 2015

The United States has repeatedly reduced the budget for basic technology R&D. Now, we're paying the price.

Seawater Becomes Drinking Water

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted October 23, 2015

Breakthroughs in desalination technology could be the solution to California's four year drought.

The October Effect

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted October 20, 2015

Tomorrow's Warfare: Smaller, Faster, Safer

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted October 15, 2015

The science of weapons development is constantly pushing the bounds of what is technically possible. Here are some of the latest innovations

We're All to Blame for This Killer

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted October 13, 2015

It's a class of medicines which has been with us for decades, and we've come to depend on them. But now, they may be turning into our worst enemy.

Apple Drops Hints About iCar, Project Titan

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted October 8, 2015

Rumors of the Apple Car grow thicker. Apple and Tesla Motors have been going tit-for-tat with employees also, with both firms poaching from the other in an effort to stock up on electric car experts.

The Next Generation of Solar Energy

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted September 29, 2015

In the grand scheme of the universe, our Sun is just an average star. However, that little yellow dwarf produces more energy in 14 seconds than all of humanity uses in an entire day.

India's Digital Revolution

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted September 29, 2015

China remains an almost irresistible location for development and investment, but how long will that last

Clinton Kills Biotech... Or Does She?

Written by John Peterson
Posted September 25, 2015

Almost immediately after former Secretary of State Clinton sent her strong-arming tweet, stocks in the biotech market began to plunge...

Pot Stock Scams

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted September 22, 2015

Scam artists are everywhere, and we're seeing a bunch of them pop up throughout the marijuana industry. But don't let that scare you away from all pot stocks...

2015 IPOs

Written by Jessica Sheppard
Posted September 9, 2015