Updated: Apr 16, 2020
You may contact us directly for any further inquiries: “Contact Us.”
Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
- Signing up for an email newsletter.
- Completing a form related to one of our products or services.
- Contacting us for technical support or customer service.
Depending on how you interact with our website, the personal information we collect from you may vary. For example, to sign up to one of our newsletters, we may ask only for an email address. In other circumstances, such as when you purchase a particular newsletter, we may also ask you to provide other information. This may include your name, phone number, postal address, and credit card and billing information. We also collect and store certain information associated with actions you take.
For example, when you visit a particular article about a certain topic, we also store information about the pages on our website you visit, the time and duration of your activity on the website, and other information about your behavior on our website.
If you connect to one of our properties using Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or another social networking site (each a “Social Networking Site”), we will receive information that you authorize the Social Networking Site to share with us. This may include your public profile information, birthday, current city, work, school, and email address. When we receive this information, it becomes part of your Pro Trader Today account information for purposes of your use of the website.
Some sections of our websites may ask you to identify your gender or age on a strictly voluntary basis. You may choose not to submit this information and continue using our products.
If you enter credit card information on one of our websites in connection with a purchase, that information is sent directly and securely from your browser to the third-party service provider that we use to manage credit card processing. We do not store it on our servers. The service provider is not permitted to use the information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our websites, your device is automatically providing information to us so we can respond and customize our response to you. The type of information we collect by automated means generally includes technical information about your computer, such as your internet protocol (“IP”) address or another device identifier; the type of device you use; the browser; and operating system version. The information we collect also may include usage information and statistics about your interaction with our website. That information may include the URLs of our web pages that you visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, location data (if you have enabled access to your location on your mobile device), and other information about how you used our websites.
Automated means of data collection include the following:
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Log File Information
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile application each time you access a website. For example, when you access one of our websites, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends when you visit any website. These server logs include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, and pages viewed.
We collect information about the device you use to access the Platform, including the type of device, operating system, settings, and unique device identifiers, and IP address. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you are using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone. We collect the device type and any other information you choose to provide, such as username, geo-location, or email address. We also use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software records information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and from where the application was downloaded. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit on the Platform.
How We Use Information
- To provide you with personalized content, services offered by Pro Trader Today, and promotional content and services.
- To customize and improve the features, performance, and support of the site.
- To provide relevant advertising, including interest-based advertising from us and third parties.
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and service improvement. This includes use of your IP address and mobile device information to help diagnose problems with our service and to administer the Platform.
- To analyze the use of the Platform and to improve our newsletters and services.
- For other purposes that you separately authorize as you interact with Pro Trader Today.
How We Share Information
We only disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- We use affiliated and unaffiliated service providers all over the world, including web servers, cloud storage systems, customer relationship management (“CRM”) providers, email services, content support teams, marketing partners, advertising partners, and others, to help us deliver our service and run our business subject to strict confidentiality agreements. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- We will otherwise share personal information only with your consent.
What types of Cookies do we use?
We use two types of Cookies on the Platform: “Session Cookies” and “Persistent Cookies.” Session Cookies are temporary Cookies that remain on your device until you leave the Platform. A persistent Cookie remains on your device for much longer until you manually delete it. How long the Cookie remains will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific Cookie and your browser settings.
What are Cookies used for?
Cookies transmit information about you and your use of the Platform, such as your browser type, search preferences, data relating to advertisements that have been displayed to you or that you have clicked on, and the date and time of your use. With the exception of an identifier Cookie that we associate with registered accounts to prevent fraud by members of the Platform, Cookies link to certain unique information, such as the job titles that you entered at the time of registration or on your profile, but this is not linked to your name.
Preferences and Features
Analytics and Performance
Opting Out of Cookies
If you enable location data for the mobile version of the Platform, including any version installed as a native application, we may use your location data to serve you geo-targeted ads for employers and other advertisers that are local to you. In such instances, we do not share your location with the advertiser or advertising network; rather, we provide the advertiser or advertising network with a means to push ads through to users located in certain areas. You may disable location services at any time in your privacy settings on your mobile device.
Do Not Track Signals
We do our best to respect “do not track” signals within our systems. Some systems or third-party applications might not respect these signals, and your information may still be tracked. We are doing our best to update our systems to fully respect “do not track” signals.
Other Important Privacy Information
Nevada Privacy Rights
Under Nevada law, Nevada residents may submit a request directing us not to make certain disclosures of personal information we maintain about them.
California Privacy Rights
We collect personally identifying information such as name, address and e-mail. We also collection commercial information such as your purchasing history.
We use this information to authenticate you on our websites. We use purchase history to provide you with our service, customer support and to offer personalized offers.
We collect this information both personal and commercial, from you directly.
You have the right to request the disclosure of any collection, use, disclosure, or sale of the information collected.
You also have the right to request deletion of any personal information collected.
Finally, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of any personal information we have collected.
EEA Resident Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have the following data-protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us through the contact details provided under “Contact Us.”
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under “Contact Us.”
- You have the right to opt out of marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt out” link in the marketing emails we send you. Registered users can manage their account settings and email-marketing preferences as described in the “Choices Regarding Your Personal Information” section below. If you are an unregistered user, or to opt out of other forms of marketing, such as postal marketing or telemarketing, you may contact us using the contact details provided under “Contact Us.”
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can still withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, and it will not affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to keep any information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
We will send you notifications and if, and to the extent, you have opted in to promotional communications, or other messages using the contact information (e.g., your email address or your mobile device identifier) you provided to us when you registered or when you requested information from us. You may opt out of continuing to receive optional messages by following the instructions included in each message.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We employ physical, electronic, and managerial measures to safeguard the information we collect online. However, no company can fully eliminate security risks, so we cannot make guarantees about any part of our services. You are responsible for keeping your username and password secret. Once you have registered with us, we will never ask you for your password. Please create a unique password for any Pro Trader Today accounts and do not use it for any other web services or applications. Do not share your password with anyone else.
Privacy of Minors
To access or use the Platform, you must be 13 years of age or older and, if you are under 18 or the age of majority in your jurisdiction, your use of Platform must be under the supervision of a parent, guardian, or another responsible adult. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please “Contact Us.” If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we will remove such information and terminate the child's account.
You may reach our data protection officer by using “Contact Us.”
The following is a list of third-party Partners that may be included on pages across our domains. The list might not be complete because our services change over time. We will do our best to update this list based on new Partners that are added:
Cookies Served through our Websites
Necessary Cookies are strictly necessary to help make our website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these Cookies.
You can set your browser to alert you or block these Cookies, but some parts of our services might then not work properly. These Cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Performance Cookies are used to enhance the performance of our websites but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
Functional Cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our websites and application for you in order to enhance your experience.
Targeting Cookies may be set by our advertising partners. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user.
They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device.
How to Unsubscribe
To stop receiving our emails and/or promotions, please click the link found at the bottom of each email.